The citizens of Aubrey, on May 10, 2014, passed an election “Authorizing the creation of the Aubrey Municipal Development District and the imposition of a sales and use tax of one‐half of one percent for the purpose of financing development projects beneficial to the district”. The City Council of Aubrey approved ordinance 536‐14 establishing the Aubrey Municipal Development District. They also adopted Bylaws for the MDD to follow. The MDD has been operating since their ﬁrst meeting in September 2014.
Board of Directors
The MDD Board of Directors provide policy direction for the eﬀorts of the MDD.
The MDD Board and Staﬀ strive to operate in an open environment to the extent possible.
The Mission of the MDD is to strengthen and diversify the economic base, attract and promote growth, retain and expand local businesses, while maintaining our sense of community.
Goals & Objectives
Following are the primary goals of the MDD. Objectives supporting these goals are adopted annually for implementation in the following 1‐3 years.
- Retain and support existing businesses (Business Retention & Expansion)
- Identify, develop and enhance Economic Development resources
- Analyze and promote real estate development or redevelopment opportunities
- Provide public infrastructure to support business development
- Provide community enhancements that support business development
107 S. Main Street
Aubrey, Texas 76227
The eﬀorts of the MDD are coordinated by the City Secretary with support from the City Administrator.
Jenny Huckabee City Secretary
940.440.9343 ext 4
Mark Kaiser City Administrator
940.440.9343 ext 112